On one hand, as fast as time seems to be moving these days, it’s hard to believe that the New World Now podcast recently celebrated its first anniversary. On the other hand, when I think about the political mayhem, the tragic natural disasters, and the senseless acts of terrorism that have occurred in the same time period, the past year feels like it has lasted a lifetime.
The first episode of New World Now aired one month and one day before the presidential election. Little did I realize the extent to which our cultural stakes were about to change, and just how imperative my intention for the podcast — to bring forward practical tools we can all use to be more mindful and present in our daily lives — was about to become.
But here we are, for better or worse, living in a new world now. The practices and ideas that New World Library authors offer have gone from being somewhat of a luxury to being an increasingly crucial perspective for remaining positive and grounded, so that we can be the change we most want to see in the world.
The ideas and wisdom that each of my New World Now guests have shared have helped me immensely in recent months, and I am exceedingly grateful to have the continuing opportunity to connect with our authors in this way. Of the 25 episodes that have aired thus far, the following seven speak most directly to the dramatic inner and outer shifts that we as individuals, and the United States and the world at large, are currently experiencing. May these conversations give you the same feeling of hope and possibility that they continue to inspire in me.
- Big Love in Action with Scott Stabile —The author of Big Love: The Power of Living with a Wide-Open Heart stresses the importance of standing up for what we believe in and offers an empowering perspective for reframing our relationship to fear as we put our love into action in the world. Listen now.
- Conscious Evolution with Barbara Marx Hubbard — With her clear-eyed, inspiring, and sweeping vision, the author of Conscious Evolution: Awakening the Power of Our Social Potential says that the crises our world is currently facing are not precursors of an apocalypse, but the natural birth pains of what will become an awakened universal humanity. Listen now.
- The Peaceful Warrior Way with Dan Millman — Way of the Peaceful Warrior author Dan Millman explains how embodying a peaceful heart and a warrior’s spirit at the same time allows us to act with strength, integrity, and compassion, even when confronted with life’s most challenging moments. Listen now.
- Becoming More Conscious with Steve Taylor — Are the enormous challenges humanity is currently facing precursors to a collective shift in consciousness? Can the positive traits associated with wakefulness transcend the negative traits associated with sleep before our present crisis leads to catastrophe? These are the kinds of questions that psychologist Steve Taylor, author of The Leap, tackles in this insightful discussion. Listen now.
- The Practice of Self-Care with Christine Arylo — The author of Madly in Love with ME shares how the paths of self-love and “the feminine wisdom way” can empower us to recognize the unique contributions we have to offer in our work, families, and communities, so we have a chance at shifting and shaping this world into the kind we desire to live in. Listen now.
- Be the Change You Want to See with Christine Hassler — How do we “agree to disagree” with someone whose views are in sharp contrast to our own? Is there a silver lining in these changing political times? How can we be the change we wish to see? These are the kinds of questions that the author of Expectation Hangover addresses in this uplifting interview. Listen now.
- Dropping the Struggle with Roger Housden — Roger Housden, author of Dropping the Struggle, encourages us to offer a persistent, deep, and courageous YES to life as it is unfolding right now, no matter how dark or light it happens to be. Listen now.
# # #
New World Now airs on the Unity Online Radio Network and is also available via iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud, and the New World Library YouTube channel. We also invite you to join the New World Now Facebook group, where you can be a part of discussions about current episodes and stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest podcast news.
Kim Corbin is the host of the New World Now podcast. She joined New World Library’s marketing team in 2006, where she joyfully serves as Senior Publicist/Social Media Manager.